Here is a sampling of the personalized services available for you:
- ESSAYS! As little or as much guidance as desired. Does the need involve coaching through the process of brainstorming topic ideas, strategically differentiating oneself through competitive content, or just a quick technical review on a final draft? No matter the need, we are here for you!
- SAT and ACT Test Prep. We assist students with a tailored approach to their specific testing needs. For example, a student who is a strong tester has previous score result(s) that can be improved upon. Or, a student – with or without testing accommodation – would benefit from prep that includes learning skills to conquer test anxiety and/or timing challenges. Students need not worry if their days are already heavily scheduled. VEC offers flexible, tech-enabled prep coaching sessions that fit seamlessly into busy lives.
- Development of a specific admissions plan timeline (with due dates) for tasks to be accomplished to keep students on track and accountable based on their unique requirements.
- Review/creation of resume with suggestions for content positioning partnered with a proactive distribution strategy.
- High-level assessment of interests, aptitudes and values related to guidance on major considerations.
- Individualize “best fit” college search and guidance in considering, selecting and refining a list of schools for application.
- How to stand out as a prospective student and conduct productive college visits.
- Guide student in planning and executing a proactive strategic approach with colleges.
- College and/or scholarship interview prep and role-play.
- Direct student in organized game plan for prospective college online applications.
“Thanks for the help you gave me with my college essays. Those tweaks helped.”
Grant, St Charles, IL
“My campus visit was really beneficial. Thanks for helping me think through questions that I needed to ask, and preparing me for the admissions interview!”
Jay, Deerfield, IL